Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Tim Burton Tree??

Im loving all of the festive posts on decorating and gorgeous Christmas trees. There are a lot of posts to catch up on, but Im gradually getting there and enjoying them all. Thank you to all of you, my caring and generous followers and readers, who leave comments, and have made me feel so welcome to this wonderful world of blogging. I cant believe I have been blogging since May, its opened up a whole new chapter in my life.
Here is my version of a unique festive tree - apparently a bit Tim Burton according to M, and a little spooky!!
(if you dont know who Tim is, some of his movies are Edward Scissorhands, Corpse Bride and Alice in Wonderland with Johnny Depp)

 This tree is one of a few we have around the farm that have fallen down and died off, we usually use for firewood.
One of my handpainted decorations I purchased from Spotlight
 My gorgeous mini pom poms
 Very sweet clip on birds from Bed Bath n Table

 I already had the silver balls, beads and tinsel
 I sprayed the tree lightly with white, so the natural wood still comes through
 It ended up being twice the size I thought I had picked, good thing we have high ceilings
 My wooden duck watches over the tree, and a vintage tablecloth at the base of the pot
 I wrapped the pot in a hessian grain sack - I found some new ones so I pinched them from the workshop
 Last years tree was a little simpler and a lot smaller. I painted it to match the feature wall
 The entry table decorated with fresh pine tree sprigs on my wooden circle stand
 My new frilled table runner, made by a local girl Stacey, I purchased at the recent art & craft fair.
This will be my last post for the year as we are flat out with harvest, my other work, celebrations and preparing for our English family coming to stay. So I wish you all a very Merry Christmas. I hope you all have enjoyable and memorable days over the festive season. Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and parts of your world so far. Take Care...
Warm Hugs & Christmas Cheer
Rebecca xo

17 comments:

  1. Wow the tree looks great. Different but I like it. Blue and silver are a wonderful combination. And good to see the high ceiling and beautiful cornices. Have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy the family. Gx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you have done with your tree. Love the turquoise! I had those birds in my hand today at BB'nT but I put them back and they look soooo good on your tree.

    Thanks for all of your comments on my blog this year. It's lovely to get to know you. A very happy festive season to you and your family. Take care. Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh it is very Tim Burton...love it! Have a wonderful Christmas and a successful harvest :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there rebecca; its funny, my husband would say something similar i think (about the tree and tim burton!!)
    it looks just beautiful and so huge!!! Love the colour combinations too.
    Will miss you over the holiday season; make sure you have a really lovely and wonderful time! Look forward to hearing all about it when you get back!
    hugs, Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your silver and blue decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tree looks seriously stunning! And I love blue and silver, gorgeous combo! Merry merry Christmas to you and yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi!
    thanks for visiting me, hope you`ll come back:D
    wow, i love your tim burton tree!
    so nice!
    i like that u didnt spray it totally white.
    and cute with the blue decoration on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one fabulous tree!! Have a wonderful Christmas holiday. Good luck on your harvest! Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your Tim Burton tree :) And I always find that blues makes different but stylish Christmas decoration :)

    Wish you a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunningly gorgeous blog you have here, beautiful family & styling ideas!! Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colours the turquoise is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rebecca- what an amazing tree, I love the colour! Beautiful work! Enjoy your christmas and family time XX Samie

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a very late comment because I've been sick :( But I LOVE your tree! Totally unique and quite lovely, the blue and silver is so pretty! (And I think Kirstie Allsop would thoroughly approve! :)) )
    Hope you've had a great Christmas - Melissa xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a totally 'wicked' tree Melissa - I love it! Thanks for your lovely comment re our completed bathroom reno. Now if only I could find where MOTH's hiding so he can get a cracking move-on with the kitchen reno!! May 2011 bring you many wonderful surprises!
    Millie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm an interior designer from Melbourne - I loved your blog, I found it very inspiring. This is all new to me but I have just set up my own blog
    scrapbook-melissah.blogspot.com
    You may like to check it out because I had so much fun doing it. It's got a bit of everything fashion, interiors, food, travel spots - hopefully you will find something in there that you like.
    Thanks for providing me with such great entertainment!
    Cheers
    Melissah

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the color you painted the tree.

    -zane

    ReplyDelete