Saturday, May 7, 2011

Kitchen Ideas

kitchen-design-ideas.org
I wish this was my kitchen. Due to a breakdown in several electrical appliances, we are looking at some changes in our kitchen. The one above is my practical choice - we have jarrah floors.

kitchen-design-ideas.org

              In a world of endless $$$$ I would choose this design above

kitchen-design-ideas.org

 I am loving this bench. We are looking at one of these and taking out the large table we rarely use - what do your think of island benches instead of tables??


           I love the timber mouldings, the tiles and the door handles - all of it

Our oven/stove area is similar as the above pic, as is the room size and ceiling height. Im thinking the bench would be across though. Love that mantle - ours used to have one in the 1930's, so I would like to replicate it.
These are all early thoughts as we have to make some changes to the cooking area to accomodate our new stove etc by taking out some cupboards and cutting out some stone wall/tile area above the stove. We'll also be putting in a dishwasher, and some cupboards off to the right of the cooking area as in the above pic (or similar) This will take a little while, as seeding on the farm is starting, but I'll be taking lots of photos to show the changes.
Hope all of the Mums out there have a relaxing and enjoyable day on Mothers Day. Im off to lunch at my girlfirends hotel with my Mum, sister, brother and their families and my girl, Lauren.
Enjoy
Rebecca x

12 comments:

  1. Oh I love the first kitchen. My dream kitchen is a french inspired kitchen with plenty of bench space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the checkered floor in the last picture!

    Have a wonderful weekend, sweet Rebecca xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never tire of kitchen photos... especially black and white... happy day to you, Rebecca. gxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Rebecca, beautiful inspiration pics, I can't wait to see the end result. Im with you, Damn that whole buget thing, LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rebecca, I say go for an island bench. I love mine, just make sure you have powerpoints installed at either end - so handy! Happy Mothers day and thanks for your order. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh! the first kitchen in fabulous no need to look any further wish it was mine too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there.. thanks for your lovely comment and the great tips for NY & London. I think island benches are wonderful and if it means the table has to go.. As long as you have another dining spot? Love all your inspiration pics. Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all those kitchens and I think a large island bench is a must. I can't wait to put a bigger one in ours. We have one in the centre of the kitchen that everyone that visits sits at and loves but just needs to be a little bigger. Gx

    ReplyDelete
  9. All gorgeous kitchens but my favourite is the third, funny because I love white kitchens but there's something about that image that draws me in. Renovating your kitchen is so much fun, but takes a while and is a bit inconvenient when you have to make do without things like stoves, sinks while the work is being done. We have a huge bench in our kitchen and it's wonderful. I look forward to seeing what you decide on. Hope your Mother's Day was a lovely one x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rebecca,
    I hope you had a great mother's day - I actually got to spend mine with my mum in Australia, so that made it a bit more special this year.
    I think having an island bench can be great space wise, but I do love the idea of having a kitchen table where everyone can gather together as well, so I'd be a bit torn about taking out the table completely.
    I hope you're having a lovely week - Melissa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing excellent informations. Your web-site is so cool. I’m impressed by the details that you have on this website. It reveals how nicely you understand this subject. Bookmarked this website page, will come back for more articles.
    Kitchen sinks

    ReplyDelete