Saturday, May 29, 2010

Banana Cake

I love baking. Cooking for me is therapeutic, as well as an enjoyable treat when its done. The cake I am known for is my banana cake. I have sold these at our local farmers markets, taken to work for morning tea, made for friends on the mend, and always sharing with my kids and family. Heaps easy, and great with chocolate icing and coconut or lemon icing.


Recipe:

125g butter

3/4 cup castor sugar

1/2 tspn vanilla

2 eggs

3 bananas, mashed (the riper, the better)

1 tspn bicarb soda

2 tblspns milk

1 1/2 cups SRF

1/4 tspn salt

Cream butter, sugar and vanilla. Add eggs and beat well. Beat in mashed bananas. Dissolve bicarb in milk. Add sifted flour and salt alternatively with the milk mixture. Turn into a well-greased, base lined square tin. Bake at 190 degrees celcius for 30-35 mins or until top springs back when lightly pressed. Ice as you wish. This lasts for quite a few days as its moist. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment